Amazon Oline Store

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My First Ten Laps !

It's been inactive for me after Aviva though I am still swimming every week.

Has been learning front crawl since April and was not able to use it during Aviva, so I have targetted to use front crawl during my next triathlon or ironman race...

To give some background : Before the learning, I know nuts about front crawl and has never swamed more than 10 laps even using breaststroke ( the most was 8 laps )
I was always feeling breathless at half a lap of the pool, and was always demoralised by it.

Finally last week, I realised it was due to the "air time " that I have . I did not get enough air before my head goes into the water again. I was also stroking too fast (thinking that it would help me swim faster which was actually a false perception , the correct way should be using lesser strokes and glide further with each strokes)

Today I did not only managed to finish a lap but 16 laps... though i need to do 30 laps. I believe the next time, i would be able to achieve more laps... More training.

No comments: