Amazon Oline Store

Monday, October 29, 2007

New Balance Real Run 2007 (15km)









Another run done. Though it's only 15km (with 1km sand + 1km trail + 1 km runway), I felt satisfied with not much training done due to work commitment for the past 2 weeks.

The first 3km was quite comfortable pace except for running around the walking party. There was this particular X-men suited guy who overtook me whilst I was also overtaking and cliped my legs. He still has the cheek to say : I was following behind you and you just overtake like that !" I was thinking : Do I need to give signal and why can't you slow down since there are not much space to overtake." I felt so ashame being a singaporean , so what if you can run fast but your ethics are not there.

This being aside, I was telling myself to keep at 5 min /km pace and I managed to do it till the 11km. When I reached the sand , I could feel myself slowing down and those that I have overtaken , started to run past me.

When I was on the road back to the runway, it seemed never-ending which proves to be demoralising. Then I saw this boy (around 15 yo) who ran past me walking, I ran up to him and say: Let's go" and he said : ok". with that , I ran the last 2km with this young boy and started to chat with him. When I reached the 14km mark , I was very tempted to walk , at the same time, the fact that I told the young boy to keep running, I should not stop to walk and this kept me going and going.

Another 200-300 m to go, I picked up the speed and sprint to the end pt with a timing of 1 hr 17 min 53 sec. Not too bad I thought.

(Results : 158 out of 2441 who completed.
1st CP : 29.34
2nd CP: 57.12
Finish : 1 hr 17 m 53 s)

Now back to my SCSM training. Set a target of finishing by 4 hour 15 min. With the kind of timing for 15km , I have lotsa of catch up to do.

5 comments:

Tan BoSe said...

Hi there, BoSe here...We met earlier this morning...Wah, you did well in your Real Run and 3:30 for your marathon??!!! Salute! All the best in SCSM

Cheers, BoSe

Patricvk Tan said...

Yup. Nice meeting you... now have to relook at the timing again...hehe cos lack of training.
Same to you for SCSM ... cheers

Where do you stay ? perhaps we can go for run together

Tan BoSe said...

Hi Patrick, I stay at Ulu Pandan, near clementi/holland road. Yeah perhaps we can go for run together. Since I have registered 84km Sundown marathon, I definitely need to train a lot! LOL. Where do you normally run?

Patricvk Tan said...

I stay at Bukit Panjang... quite near ... PM me in sgrunners forum when you are running and we can meet up for runs.

Tan BoSe said...

sure bro. You can also pm me if you plan to run too! cheers