Amazon Oline Store

Saturday, November 3, 2007

MR 35 km (4th Nov)

It's a nice sunday morning while most people are still sleeping, I was on my way to MacRitchie Reservior for the 35km run which would be the longest run I have done for SCSM 07 training.

Though I know my own condition and mileage, I have decided to give it a go at it.

Reaching the destination, was surprised to see so many people. Only to know that the Nike Runaholic participants were there too. Got a BIB no 835 (but can't keep it) went off with the first 10km quite comfortably. The scenary was very nice and it kept me going and going. The route was indeed undulating and full of slopes. Managed to kept pace until the 18km, thereafter was feeling fatigue. Was on my way to the rifle range u-turn point and met the front few runners heading back, damn they were fast! Finally reached the rifle range u-turn point, another 11km to go.

Decided to adopt the walk/run strategy, though it was slow but it ensured that my cramps did not occur (though there were tingling feeling).

Finally after 3 hrs 44 mins , I reached the end point without cramps ! though my legs were aching. Felt very satisfied after the run ... SCSM here I come.

14 comments:

Tan BoSe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Patricvk Tan said...

Wah you are fast, I just posted an hour ago...

i have another 7km to run so dun think can hit sub 4.

The first runner came in 2hr 21 min ! 1 hr plus faster than me.

I would be happy if I can hit 4 hr 15min.

Tan BoSe said...

haha..i was a bit bored now at work, so browsing some forums and blogs....I think normally in race, you tend to do better compare to your training. so, who knows, you may eventually surprise yourself this sunday.

Patricvk Tan said...

Ya i tot so too... so let's do our best this sunday. What's your target ?

Tan BoSe said...

erm....sub 5 hours i hope...haha...since not much training, I would be satisfied if i can maintain my 4:30 like last year....dare not dream for sub 4...haha...are you doing 84km sundown run?

Patricvk Tan said...

Not to worry, I am sure you can maintain your timing. Strategise properly.

For the sundown marathon, don't think I will be doing it, gotta save up for Ironman in Dec 2008. I can be pacer though. Sounds quite fun to run in the night

Tan BoSe said...

wah...which ironman in dec 2008? overseas?

Patricvk Tan said...

Australia ironman, I think babumouse also going ... Hopefully nothing pops up during 2008 so that I can train and go for race in mind

Tan BoSe said...

oh the busselton? maybe i can follow as well as a vacation...haha

Patricvk Tan said...

join us la... you got 1 year to train... nice time to start after SCSM...

Tan BoSe said...

haha...i will probably go to support, bot to join an ironman too costly and really need to be fit. I'm haven't reach until that fit yet. Haha

Patricvk Tan said...

if not now then when ? when I signed up for 70.3 which was only in Jan , I was just thinking of doing olympic distance in Osim as my goal in 2007. Then my fren ask me to take part in 70.3 and I didn't even have a bike until May this year. Of cos I started swimming lessons weekly for 1 hr 30mins which builds my stamina for the swim portion with some brick training.
set your mind to it. If it's possible for others, its possible for you too , it's a matter of strategy

Tan BoSe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tan BoSe said...

we've been chatting in your comment box leh....haha...maybe we can chat in the forum or if you have msn, feel free to message me at boon_seng@hotmail.com...

cheers